The Art of Rest
How to Be Your Own Teacher and Develop Inner Stillness During Stressful Times
20 HOUR ONLINE EDUCATIONAL INTENSIVE
Monday, April 27th – Friday, May 1st
Only 20 spots available!
This course is designed for people who want to learn powerful therapeutic tools to be their own teacher and build resilience during stressful times through the art of deep rest and relaxation. You will learn how to use these tools for self-care and healing in the comfort of your own home.
All classes will be taught live on Zoom and recorded for your reference. The training will take place over 5 consecutive days from Monday to Friday, 10am – 2pm daily, with each day consisting of a guided practice, lecture and discussion.
- The Art and Science of Deep Rest
- Essential Tools for Self-Healing and Self-Care
- Role of the Breath and Key Breathing Techniques to Support Relaxation
- Detailed instructions on the set-up, benefits, effects, indications, and cautions for more than 20 essential deep restorative postures and their variations.
- The wisdom and tools of Traditional Chinese Medicine, including Five Element Theory, Meridian Theory, and the Theory of Seasonal Attunement, to design sequences that align with the Seasons, Support the Internal Organ Systems and Free the Flow of Energy in the Subtle Body Meridians.
- Sequences for both specific effects (such as ailments and mood shifts) and more generalized accumulative effects
- Seasonal Sequences that target specific organ systems and deepen your attunement with the cycles of nature
- Useful movement and mobility sequences that prepare the body for deeper rest
- Meditation techniques that enhance the effect of the restorative postures
$200 CAD + applicable taxes
Subsidies available, click HERE to apply. Everyone will be considered for this training, regardless of financial means.